(Please Share this with your friends and on Facebook)
Total increase for those in unincorporated county: 20.2%. Johnson City residents increase: 10.4%.
County rate of $1.98 to be raised to $2.38, which would be $100 more per year for a $100k property, $200 for a $200k property etc.
Johnson City from $3.85 to $4.25!!.
1) Sign the attached petition and either bring it to the meeting or scan it and email it to me or digitally scan it
2) Go to the upcoming meeting THIS Monday listed below
Your commission is proposing a large tax hike due to their mismanagement and fiscal irresponsibility; the projects do not make sense and seem mainly to benefit deep pocketed friends and special interest.
If you want to show them that you don't support these taxes; there will be two meetings on Monday.
If you can only go to one meeting, plan for the 6 PM Commission Meeting; arrive by 5:45 if you plan to speak. Otherwise just show up to hold them accountable for how they spend your money.
THIS Mon Jun 27, 2016 6pm – 7pm
George P Jaynes Justice Center, Courtroom 7, 108 W Jackson Blvd, Jonesborough
Budget Committee Public Hearing
Mon Jun 27, 2016 9am – 10amMon Jun 27, 2016 9am – 10am
George P Jaynes Justice Center, 2nd floor, Courtroom 7, 108 W Jackson Blvd, Jonesborough
- They say 50 year old buildings are at end of life when they refused to conduct standard and proactive maintenance; they used the same argument for why the 1911 courthouse in Jonesborough needed to be replaced by the new justice center, but in fact, the old courthouse is still happily and comfortably being used;
- They are budgeting money for a school when the school board has not decided what they want to do or if they want or need the money and are still exploring other options such as a joint effort with the city
- New building has nothing to do with academic performance as a 1920's built school is one of the highest performing in the entire so cal region
- Are we now budgeting to replace every government building before 50 years! If so, let's get started now
- Why was not maintenance included in budgets all along; the very a new roof went in, they know the mfg warranty and usage estimates ; why not put into the budget the cost of replacement and spread that out over the useful life of the new roof to prepare for replacement